A Real Girls Guide to Brunch
Picture this: It’s a sunny, bright Sunday morning, you just woke up from what feels like a 5 second sleep after a long night out on the town. Your head is slightly pounding, you’ve got last night’s face still on and your hair can only be described as a rat’s nest. What does a morning like this call for? A mimosa, duh.
You text the group chat and all your ladies are in for champagne and good times.
Okay, you’ve got an hour to pick yourself up and get going. You get up, look at yourself in the mirror and reality sets in that - man, you look rough. But hey, that’s why I’m here, here to help you kick Sunday Funday’s butt in all the right ways.
First, hop in the shower. Let’s be honest, you need it and half the hangover is gone once the warm water hits your body. Ok, all set? Next step, hair. There is no time for a whole new hairstyle. Throw that rat’s nest into a messy bun. Nobody got time for blow drying and styling when brunch is calling. Plus, messy buns are trendy…right?
Now, make up. If you want to rock the all natural look, you do you girl. But I know on Sundays I look a little too tough for the natural look. So here’s my go-to:
- It Cosmetics Better than Skin CC Cream because it’s amazing, simple as that. Not heavy but perfect coverage to hide the hangover face, you know a little red, a little puffy. I know you all know what I’m talking about.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer for a little contour and in my eye crease because who needs to put effort into eye shadow when you know your favorite sunglasses will be on your face for most of the day.
- Stilla Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Mascara
- Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop Highlighter for just a little “pop”
Now, what to wear? It’s a cool fall day, so you want to to be warm and functional but still trendy and cute because we all know your about to take pictures for Instagram. Because if you didn’t Instagram, did you even brunch?
Well, here’s my suggestion (and have I steered you wrong yet?)
- Black Leggings because comfy.
- Boots (I would suggest riding boots with cute warm socks that stick out on the top)
- Charitee’s “Be a Good Human” Sweatshirt
- Blanket Scarf
Now you’ve showered, thrown your hair up, fixed the face and your dressed and ready to go and just in time, your reservation is in 10 mins - call your uber and hit the road and please, have a mimosa for me.
Enjoy your brunch because even with a hangover, you can still see the good.